Winter weddings in Manitoba are so romantic with many beautiful, warm and inviting venues to choose from. And, because they are unique, it's a great opportunity to splurge on a small budget as some of the best vendors offer discounts during this off season. Today I am sharing 5 tips for planning a winter wedding.
1. Send Save the Date cards well in advance. Especially if it is around a main holiday. Let your guests know of your big day before they plan their out of town vacations or schedule get-togethers. Guests should receive their Save the Date 6 to 9 months in advance of your wedding day. Just make sure your stationery still sets the tone for a winter wedding.
2. Hold your ceremony and reception at one location. It's cold outside! Save your guests the trouble of chilly and slippery travels between venues and use the time between your ceremony and dinner for a cocktail hour. Your guests will appreciate staying warm and not having to find something to do between scheduled events.
3. Serve a warm beverage. Consider offering a signature tea after dinner. Though your signature beverage doesn't necessarily need to be warm, such as tea or coffee. Red wine, whisky, spiced rum, and apple cider are all examples of rich beverages that put a fire in your belly.
4. Oh the weather outside is frightful...embrace it! A Manitoba winter provides so many opportunities for great photos outside. Depending on the weather that day, you may be so lucky to get beautiful snowflakes falling, glistening fields of snow, or crisp foggy breath captured oh so perfectly in your wedding photos. It's also a great excuse to add some beautiful accessories to your attire, such as a scarf or mittens to match your colour palette.
5. Step outside the box for a colour palette. Winter doesn't mean white and you don't have to stick to deep or soft colour palettes. A red and pink colour theme or even so far as a neon winter wedding can be beautiful, and very unique.
We love winter weddings here at Feast & Festivities, and so do guests! Such a romantic and celebratory event is something to truly look forward to over the coldest, darkest season of the year. If you're thinking of choosing a winter wedding, give us a shout! We would love to help out.
Receive 10% off our Fullest Feast Planning and Design package for your winter wedding between December 2016 and February 2017!
Simply mention this blog post and book with us before February 29th, 2016.*