As a full-service wedding planner, offering planning/coordination and design/styling all in one package, I am often asked what the difference is between wedding planning, wedding design, and wedding coordination, so I am going to clear things up real quick: each is such an important layer in organizing a wedding!
Wedding Planning is the most mainstream, well-rounded approach of all services. It is a service that can begin as early as the moment you are engaged and will always include full assistance on the wedding day. A wedding planner is your advocate throughout the entire planning process.
Some examples of Wedding Planning assistance include:
- Vendor recommendations and scheduling meetings
- Bookings and contract review
- Creation of timelines
- Assistance in etiquette
- Full assistance on wedding day (Wedding Coordination)
Wedding Design is visual and focused on making your wedding beautiful. Design services can begin right away, considerably sooner than later in the engagement, and include decor styling on your wedding day.
Wedding Design includes, but is not limited to:
- Defining style, colour and theme of your wedding day
- Sourcing details to bring the desired look to life, including working closely with the florist, cake artist, decor, and rentals
- Creating your personal brand
- Transformation of ceremony and reception spaces on wedding day (Styling)
Wedding Coordination service assumes all the planning and design details have been taken care of. We jump in the month leading up to your wedding to confirm details and guide you, your guests, and vendors on the wedding day to ensure everything runs as planned.
Wedding Coordination includes:
- Week-of and Day-of timelines and task lists
- Direction of ceremony, reception, and rehearsal
- Point of contact for vendors, wedding party, and close family
- Management of any issues that arise on the wedding day
- Access to emergency kit
Full-service wedding planning and design includes all of the above. I am thrilled to guide wedding day plans in any way I am most needed and adore working with couples who want a personalized wedding through full-service planning and design. Taking a step back and looking at the whole wedding, we can pull together a seamless wedding experience in both the look and feel.
How do you choose the right service for you? Let's get together and chat! There are so many more details included in each of the services listed above to go over, and we'll review where you want help most to determine the best custom fit package.